Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Introducing God's Grace to Us!

Praise be to the LORD! We passed court today and here is our son Talo (His Ethiopian name which we are keeping!)He is almost 2 1/2 years old.



We already see God at work in his little life as these are not our first pictures of him. Here are the first pictures we saw of him back in June.


We just prayed so earnestly that He would feel God's love and that God would heal the grief in His little heart. We prayed that he would attach to the nannies at the transition home and he has. Our update states that he gets jealous when the Nannie has to take care of other children. And it is evident from his smiles that he feels God's love! Oh We love him so much! This is the miracle of adoption!


God was so amazing last night in how He works as I talked to my dearest friend Lauren who prayed with me over the phone as I cried. Jon and I had been praying endlessly together but I still felt just like God didn't want us to pass court yet, like he wanted us to go through another hard time. I wasn't angry at God I just felt like "what if it's God's will for us to have to wait longer." Then Lauren prayed that God's will would be done on earth as it is in heaven. She prayed how God has already chosen Talo to be our son. It is decided in Heaven before the world began that we would be a family. But on earth there is sin and human error and roadblocks. So when she prayed it would happen on earth as it is in heaven. I knew without any more doubts that it was God's will to bring Talo home. Passing court makes Talo legally our son, and I had been relying too much on the actual court forgetting that God had already chosen Talo as our son. After praying she read to me this verse out of Isaiah 30:18. I know this verse is going to be so much for Talo as it was God's promise to me that He would bring Talo home. I had asked God to speak to me through his word and he did! God did Justice and how wrong of me to forget that God longs to be compassionate and gracious to us!


"Therefore the LORD longs to be gracious to you,

And therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you.

For the LORD is a God of justice;

How blessed are all those who long for Him." Isaiah 30:18


The first time Jon saw Talo's picture he was at work and he had music playing on his computer. As he opened Talo's picture to see his face for the firt time this song began. God is so good!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first on your blog to say congratulations Jon and Jolene!! you What a cutie. He sure has changed from the very first pics of him from the orphange. He looks so happy!!He is adorable and you both are going to be awesme parents!!What a celebration we are going to have!! We are so happy and cant wait to see him ourselves!! Keep us updated as your trip to Africa draws near!! Love Candice & Michael

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jolene and Jon. Though he is officially now your son, he's been "growing in your hearts" for a long time now. Its just official in human terms. So cool to call Talo your son. God is good. There is an amazing difference in Talo since the last set of pictures. I can't wait to see the smile he'll have when he gets to be pampered and mothered by you two here in the states! ~Jenn

Darcy said...

Seh-LAHM Yeh nay WEHN deh LEEJ

"Hello my son"

So many tears of joy. Congradulations!
Praise be to God. Trust in Him - always.

greg & amy said...

Oh- Talo is so precious!! We cant wait to meet him- when do you get to go get him??? :)

Lauren @ mercy(INK) said...

We are truly in awe of God today!!! I just feel so overwhelmed at his great love for us, for all his children, and for your precious family...He is so compassionate and loving and delights to give His children good gifts! "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." (Psalm 107:1).
O, Praise Him!!!!!!! Joining you in celebration!!!

Anonymous said...

Jolene & Jon
Congratulations to both of you! This journey has been a faith walk and testimony of God’s grace in your life and to all who have followed your blog. We serve an awesome God and I praise Him for He is Lord of Lords, Kings of Kings and pray that many who don't believe will come to know His presence in their lives. God works all things for good and may we always lean on Him and not our own understanding. How can the created tell the creator and author of life how we are to be made. Mom and I are truly looking forward to our first grandson and sharing our love & times with him as he grows. We will be praying for your safe travel and God’s Devine protection around you both as you now plan your trip to Africa.

Love you both very much,
Greg & Karen

Lauren @ mercy(INK) said...

ok, so i know i already posted, but...i have a problem, i can't stop looking at that sweet little face!!!! I LOVE HIM!!!!! You are so loved already, precious little man, Talo!

Anonymous said...

Dad alreadly left a comment, but I just had to respond also after reading Lauren's comment.
I too cannot stop looking at him, so precious and so loved already. Love you Talo
Love
Grandma Johns
oh my!

Anonymous said...

A big congrats to you Jolene and John. I am sooooo excited and happy for you and we cant wait to meet this precious little boy of yours. Nicholas thinks he is so cute and can't wait to see him. God is good and is forever faithful. I love you and sending many hugs and smiles your way
christina,jim,nicholas,and logan

Anonymous said...

Yahoooooo!!!! Alex and Brendan are so excitied to meet their newest friend. What a sweet little boy you have. Hugs and kisses!! The Call Family
PS- Call me soon!!

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOO! I've been praying and praying, and didn't want to be a nuisance, Jenn told me the good news and sent me the link to your blog again! We need to get together! Oh my friend, heaven and our family is rejoicing with you! Simeon is already asking when he can go play with your precious boy! PRAISING GOD!

Post a Comment