Friday, September 4, 2009

Thanks Everyone!!!!

WOW!!!! We have been so blessed by all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon and I just want to say thank you to everyone who has given to us in these last few weeks. Since my last post we have been blessed beyond our imagination. We just are in awe at how God continues to provide through the loving hearts of all our family and friends.

First the cards have just continue to pour in with gifts of money in amounts we would never have dared to ask for! Thank you to all of you who have sent cards. We are so grateful and whether you believe it or not you have been used by God to bring Talo home. With all of your money we have been able to buy him clothes, toys, sippy cups, food, booster seat for the table, a potty seat, books, and a few other things! So know your gifts were not unused!

Second thank you to my friends at work who first and foremost have been so supportive in our adoption. Working in labor and delivery has made this whole process very interesting for us but all of my friends at work have joined in the celebration of our adoption. They have come to see that adoption is not plan B and it is just as special as delivery a child by birth. You guys have been such an encouragement to me, never making me feel as though adoption is second best. The women at work love Talo and they even took a cash collection for him! Yesterday
I felt like a money collector when they handed me a card with over $300 in it!!! Thank you guys so much. You have never made me feel like Talo is second best.

(To the girls at work:I hate to admit it but I am a crazy/true primip reading all the adoption books, buying the BPA free cups, crying all the time, and packing way to much for our delivery in Ethiopia! We even have a video camera!ahhhh!)

We also just wanted to thank one of my friends at work who gave me some great gifts
for Talo and two of my favorites were these books she found. I cried when I saw them and Jon and I read them last night. These will be two of our most treasured gifts! Thanks Toni!



Third thanks goes to my friends Jessie and Jenn who planned an awesome little shower for me with some friends from church. They totally surprised us too. I knew we were going over for a little celebration but Jon and I were like dear in the headlights when we walked in. I immediately became all teared up and there were more friends there than I thought were coming. They had Talo's picture everywhere. Even on the cake! The theme was Ethiopia and America, bringing Talo home! Jenn made a quilt of the Ethiopian flag and Jessie made a cake with our flag and his coming together. There were even M&M's in his country's flag's colors. Jon and I were so amazed that when the guys went to take Jon away so the shower could begin both of us were like "where is he going?". Then it hit us, this is our shower!!! Here are some pictures from the night! Thank you girls so much, and thank you to everyone who came and gave. Talo has the cutest clothes and best toys around!









I think God just so proves Himself when things seem immposible. While in some of the worst economic times for this country;God has provided thousans of dollars and tons of gifts. What other God could do that?!

"I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand. I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm not too terribly emotional, but I cried at your last update (I'll blame it on the hormones....). Your last line about how these are the worst economic times and yet He has provided for you above and beyond through people's sharing is such a great reflection of Him. Your story is so encouraging. I am soooo excited for the next 3 weeks. Keep posting!
~Jenn

Anonymous said...

My heart is so thankful to all who have been so loving and generous at this time to Jolene and Jon. As Jolene's Mom I am at tears reading this blog, and to see my daughter filled with joy and surrounded with love, well the tears just start to flow again. Jolene and Jon very soon you will be with Talo, and oh what a day that will be.
I love that cake with Talo's picture, so very special.
Such blessings from above. Keeping you all in prayer.
love you
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh Happy Days!!! This has been quite the journey!! We cant wait to see Talo an you will be in Africa before you know it All in Gods timing We are praying for all of you Love you guys!! Aunt Candice

DEAN RICHARDS said...

TO: JOLENE, JON, & TALO,
ALTHOUGH WE HAVE NEVER MET, I FEEL THAT I KNOW ALL OF YOU FROM YOUR VERY INSPIRATIONAL BLOG COMMENTS. THE LORD HAS BLESSED YOU.
YOUR PRAYER PARTNER IN CHRIST. DEAN RICHARDS

Post a Comment