Friday, September 11, 2009

We are in The US this weekend. . . But God is Faithful.

Early this week we received news that we would not be able to travel this weekend. Still holding out hope and praying for a miracle I did not want to post until today. However, it is official one of the things needed for our embassy appointment is not ready yet and will not be ready until next week. Our agency is very hopeful that we will be able to travel next Saturday and we should have confirmation on Monday about our new travel dates of September 19th to October 2nd.

Please pray for the employees of the US embassy to have soft hearts for our case and that we would be able to travel without any further delay!! Satan is real and active and always in opposition to what God's wants to do. We do feel attacked by Satan yet we keep saying God's promise in 1 John4:4 where God says "Greater is He who is in us than he who is in the World." It may only be a week delay but it is the emotions of trying to have faith that we are really going to get our Son only to hear "not yet". I want to have faith that we are leaving next Saturday but the flesh part of me that is always at war with the Spirit of God in me says "guard your heart you don't want to get hurt again".

But as Jon and spend time with God everyday (together and individually) we realize there is a theme in our journey to bring Talo home and that is God's Faithfulness! He is so faithful to be with us. Notice I didn't say spare us from hard times but to be with us in the hard times. My friend Lauren sent me this verse this week, a verse I have read a hundred times but is takes on new meaning to me today.

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you." Psalm 143:8

In these past few weeks Satan has attacked my mind with horrible nightmares even having Talo in my dream last night. But what a joy I have that when I awake I can go and be before Jesus, write to him my fears, read God's Word and have Him renew my mind with his unfailing Love and Faithfulness.


God is so faithful to us and so faithful to be there every morning, noon and evening when I so desperately need my mind cleansed. Jon came home last night and just spent time reading the Bible and being with God. Jon can't be everything to me and I can't be everything to Jon. Talo can't even be everything to us, but Jesus can. I am learning that more and more as I feel crushed down and then refreshed as soon as I set my mind on Him. Remembering who He is and all He is to me. He is so faithful! And if you don't know Jesus like this, my greatest wish for you is that you would.

My Jesus bleed a died not to take away our pain but to save me and you a sinner from a life separated from God now and forever. Jon and I may not have Talo in our arms yet... but we have Jesus in our hearts forever and through the tears and human emotions we say He is faithful to be all we need. I love you Jesus more today than yesterday because the more I suffer the more I realize and experience your faithfulness.

Until God's next move, Jolene (for Jolene, Jon and Talo).

Please watch this video as it is on of my favorite Christian artists who has an amazing testimony of God's faithfulness in His life. The second video is the song he talks about.


3 comments:

Darcy said...

"Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of Your name lead and guide me" (Ps. 31:3)

"...the goal of life is not the absence of pain. It is the presence of God and the glory of God. When He can work glory without pain, He does. When He can't, it's going to hurt. But it's also going to be worth it someday (see Rom 8:18)."
from Beth Moore's Whispers of Hope.

Jon & Jolene and to the rest of the family...

I can not imagine how difficult this has been for you all. What a testimony you both have given us through this entire process!

I am praying for you all. I am praying for Talo, it comforts me to know that Jesus is holding him while he awaits your arrival. Keep your eyes focused on Jesus. Put on the Armor of our loving God.

God Bless you all!
Love, Darcy

Anonymous said...

Jolene: I want to remind you that it's normal for pregnant moms-to-be to have bad dreams. You are just being like any other mom-to-be. If they come again you have the right to order them away, and then request your "mom's brain" to send you a GOOD dream instead, so you can awake refreshed and hopeful. May you have your prayers answered soon to have your travel plans confirmed. I'm envisioning a safe trip for you and Jon, and soon. Love, Aunt Etsa

Allison Dandridge (friend of Lauren) said...

Jon and Jolene-

I have been following your journey through Lauren Mills. We are also waiting for our children from Ethiopia and have adopted internationally before. I just wanted to give you a word of encouragement... The first time we adopted, the feelings I had during that wait were unlike any I had ever experienced, including during my pregnancies. I literally felt like I was going to jump out of my skin if I had to wait another day. And each time my anxious feelings peaked, the Lord would soothe me. He would remind me that His plan is perfect, His timing is perfect. And as hard as that wait was, we ended up getting Margo on her first birthday -- what a special gift God gave us. He delivered our child to us on the perfect day!

Waiting the second time around has been a bit easier (so far!). In the earthly sense, I know how to pace myself emotionally a bit better. And it is easier to just totally give it to God each day and not even let myself get crazy over the timing or anything. He is in control of the whole thing and I don't want to assume any bit of that from him!

I've been praying for you and sweet Talo. I told Lauren the first time she shared your blog spot and I saw his picture (after your court date) that I just could eat him up. We are waiting for 2 under the age of 3 1/2 and seeing him gets me even more excited to get our referrals. We will continue to pray for your travel and transition as a family!

Allison Dandridge

Post a Comment