Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thankfulness!

This has been a great weekend for our family! We didn't celebrate Halloween because we feel it doesn't celebrate anything good and even if you do dress up as something good what does the Holiday really represent anyways?

Anyhow, we had some fun family time at the Science Center in our area and then some Leaf Raking which has made for a tired Talo. Even though his raking didn't last long the crawling in the leaves lasted for two hours!


Looking at the Star Fish!


Talo is about done raking, time to play!


Where did Talo go?


I just can't help but feel so thankful for my husband and son. During our raking today I looked down at Talo and with such joy I realized again He's our son! Not my adopted son, not my biological son, not my plan B son but My Son! Blood does not unite Jon and I in our marriage and yet our love grows stronger each day. He is the head of our family and a wonderful Husband who I am so thankful for. Neither does blood unite Talo to us but I couldn't love any child more. He's my Son and I'm his Mommy. What a gift to be a Mom!


A quick family shot as the camera balanced on the swing set on timmer mode!


In these last few days I have been hearing about Reaping what you sow. How the seed you sow does make a difference. Then today in my Bible I read, "And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace." James 3:18. God what are you trying to teach about Sowing and Reaping? As I read further I saw, "You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel." James 3:2

Then God spoke! We had such a wonderful weekend because instead of being jealous of what others have, coveting over their wealth or ungrateful for the home we have.... I was thankful. I am thankful and once again content with our out of date wallpaper, pink kitchen and chiped paint. I am content with it all and. . . the seed of contentment produced fruit of peace and joy which. . . equalled a wonderful weekend!

(I have learned so much on thankfulness from a Bible study Jon and I are doing called, "Lord change my Attitude" By James MacDonald. He is my favorite teaching pastor here is his site if you want to check him out www.walkintheword.com )

"I, the Lord, amd the first, and with the last. I am He." Isaiah 41:4

No comments:

Post a Comment